Signs You’re Ready to Move Into Independent Living
Do you love traveling but are sick of yard work? Do you cringe every time you have to repair something in your home? Are you longing for more freedom to just enjoy life? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may want to consider moving into an independent living community. Here, we’ll share why this carefree lifestyle might be perfect for you.
Moving into an independent living community is good for you
In an article by the Appalachian Agency for Senior Citizens, spending time with people and being social helps improve both quality of life and health and wellness. Not only is it good for your personal health — it could also be good for your financial well-being. In fact, according to personal finance experts, you should expect to spend 1% of your home’s purchase price each year on home repairs. In an independent living community, you’ll not only eliminate these expenses, but also the cost of mortgage insurance and similar expenses.
Here are just a few of the wonderful things about independent living communities:
- You can travel extensively without worrying about the security of your home.
- Cook only when you want to — otherwise, relax and enjoy chef-prepared meals.
- Enjoy a maintenance-free home — we’ll take care of everything; you just enjoy it.
- Keep learning — take classes at the local university designed for lifelong learners.
- You’ll be part of a community with peers where you’ll have many opportunities to make new friends.
- You’ll have the opportunity to enjoy more fitness and wellness classes.
Rest assured, moving into an independent community isn’t your grandma’s retirement home. Basically, it’s created for people who want to spend less time working and doing mundane daily chores and more time relaxing and enjoying life.
You may be ready for a picture-perfect community
House of Good Shepard offers spacious and charming cottages and apartments. Our senior independent living community is designed around the things that mean the most to you — freedom, independence and the ability to live the carefree, maintenance-free lifestyle you want. You can spend your days doing exactly what you want to do, and you’ll find lots of services, amenities, and fun, engaging activities to help you live your very best life. Many people in our community wish they’d made the move sooner. Listen to our podcasts to learn more.