The House of the Good Shepherd (the House) is a non -profit, non-sectarian community sponsored by the Episcopal Diocese of Newark. The House provides independent living, comprehensive personal care, assisted living, and skilled nursing care. Established over 125 years ago, the House moved to its present 15 acre site at 798 Willow Grove Street in Hackettstown, Warren County, New Jersey in 1965.
The campus contains:
- 48 independent living units: 15 are cottages, duplexes, and garden apartments on the grounds (referred to as the Village) with the remaining 33 apartments in the main building
- 37 comprehensive personal care beds (29 apartments )
- 35 assisted living beds (32 apartments)
- 62 skilled care beds that are all dual-certified for Medicare and Medicaid.
- Residents have access to a unisex hair salon, concierge store, dining room, cafe and a courtyard overlooking the Musconetcong River, library, chapel, lounges, exercise room, computer room.