Independent Senior Living in Hackettstown, NJ
Enjoy Your Retirement Your Way
Discover what current independent living residents already know — a more enriching life for Hackettstown, NJ area seniors starts with more of the endearing qualities, service-oriented philosophy, and tight-knit camaraderie you’ll find at The House.
With enriching social and educational opportunities as well as dynamic services, amenities and activities — and virtually no home maintenance — you can truly make the most of your retirement. Plus, you’ll live with confidence knowing that additional levels of high-quality senior care are available right where you live, if you should ever need such care.
We offer independent living options in a variety of floor plans that include both rental and entrance fee options.
To learn more about our independent living in Hackettstown, NJ, please fill out the form on this page. Together, we’ll find senior living solutions that are right for you.
- Fully equipped kitchens (some with dishwashers)
- One meal included in main building rent; Village residents are eligible to enroll in a meal plan
- Stacked washer and dryer in residences, with personal laundry service available
- Housekeeping available upon request
- Scheduled transportation
- Self-controlled heating and air conditioning
- All utilities included (except phone and cable TV)
- Emergency call systems in bathrooms
- Assigned parking
- On-site physician services
- On-site therapy services
- Guest accommodations (based on availability)
- Ideal location nestled in lush natural surroundings with walking paths along the Musconetcong River and Stephens State Park
- A full schedule of social and educational events
- Pet-friendly campus with a dog run
- Restaurant-style dining at any of our venues
- Live musical and arts entertainment
- Fitness center
- Country Store — our resident-run convenience store
- Meeting rooms
- Private dining room for personal events
- Beauty and barber shop
- Putting green
Frequently Asked Questions
What is independent living?
Independent living gives active older adults an opportunity to enjoy their current lifestyle without the burden of home maintenance. At The House, independent living residents make the most of this worry-free way of life by tapping into a variety of convenient services and amenities, and forming meaningful connections with like-minded neighbors.
Is now the right time to move to The House?
Many of our current residents asked the same question. Today, they’ll tell you, “I wish I’d made this move sooner.” So we encourage you to come see for yourself what life looks like here. You may start to realize it’s always a good time to start enjoying the fulfillment and freedom of independent living at The House of the Good Shepherd.
Can I bring my own furniture?
Absolutely. Your residence is your home. Bring furniture and belongings you treasure. Or start fresh with new pieces you’ve been waiting to enjoy.
Is transportation provided?
Transportation is provided in independent living and assisted living on a first-come, first-served basis. Routine weekly trips to area shopping centers are scheduled on specific days and times. Daytrips to area attractions are regularly scheduled.
Why do I need renter’s insurance?
Independent living, assisted living, and comprehensive personal care accommodations are considered each resident’s apartment. The House is not responsible for contents and damages a resident may cause to other residences (e.g., flooring).