Our Mission

The House of the Good Shepherd is a Retirement Community founded in 1882 by five Episcopal Church congregations in Orange NJ. Our Mission is to meet the life-style, spiritual and health-care needs of older persons, on and off our campus, in a faith-based, caring and dignified manner.

Through the Foundation of the House, the trustees also focus on raising the funds necessary to support residents whose resources have depleted over time.